Eye Area Care
After the age of 25, women begin losing collagen around the eyes. Women start seeing under the eye circles, wrinkles, tired and loose looking skin around the eye area. Tired looking eyes dull the sparkle and shine of your eyes and make you look visibly older.
What kind of Eye area care can I expect?
At Fusionmed Cosmetic, we offer a variety of eye centric treatments designed to prevent aging, reverse your age, and crystalize your beauty. Including use of the highest quality injectable brands, Teoxane, that are highly effective and safe. In addition, we offer most advanced laser technologies in the industry for firming around the eye area. We also offer long lasting lifting around the eye area in specialized procedures.
Can I use face cream around my eyes?
Keep in mind, however, that since the skin is thin around your eyes, it can be sensitive to regular face cream. If you feel a stinging sensation or your eyes turn watery or red, avoid using your regular face moisturizer, and instead invest in an eye cream.
What your doctor might suggest for dark circles
- Skin-lightening cream. To lighten under-eye hyperpigmentation, a dermatologist might prescribe a skin-lightening cream with azelaic acid, kojic acid, glycolic acid, or hydroquinone.
- Laser therapy. Laser treatments use heat energy to vaporize damaged cells. The darker pigment under the eyes can be targeted.
- Chemical peels. A dermatologist might suggest a light chemical peel to lighten dark pigmentation under the eyes. Commonly these will include glycolic acid, retinoic acid or hydroquinone.
- Blepharoplasty. Fat can be surgically removed in a lower lid blepharoplasty by a plastic surgeon, oculoplastic surgeon, or dermatologic surgeon.
- Fillers. A hyaluronic acid-based dermal filler such as Restylane or Juvederm can be injected into the tissue under the eye by an ophthalmologist, dermatologist, plastic surgeon, or specially trained healthcare provider. Fillers help with volume loss under the eye, which can cause dark circles.