Intense Pulse Laser
At Fusionmed Cosmetic (FMCC), we have the most powerful intense pulsed light (IPL) to treat pigmented and discoloured skin. Our IPL significantly improves the appearance of age spots, spider veins, rosacea and redness, freckles and sun spots and sun damage.
- Whitening and freckle removal: strong pulsed light can quickly and effectively decompose the facial pigment particles, and under the premise of not destroying normal tissue cells, the pigment clumps, pigment cells, etc. are destroyed and decomposed, so as to achieve the effect of removing dark spots, light spots and whitening. Efficacy, and has a good effect on post-inflammatory pigmentation (ie, dark acne marks).
- Tender and smooth skin: can improve the overall quality of the skin, effectively improve acne, enlarged pores, and photo-aging skin.
- Firming and wrinkle removal: The strong pulsed light produced by photorejuvenation can produce photochemical effect after acting on the skin, restore the original elasticity, stimulate fibroblast precursor cells to secrete more collagen, smooth small wrinkles, and enhance firmness of the skin .
- Removal of red blood streaks: photons can penetrate the skin without damage, and are selectively absorbed by the pigment clusters in the tissues and the hemoglobin in the blood vessels to achieve the effect of whitening, even skin tone and removing red blood streaks.
- Reverse sun damage and gets rid of dark sun spots
- Improves skin clarity by breaking apart uneven pigmentation on the skin
- Treats rosacea, redness on the face
- Improves the appearance of vascular lesions such as spider veins
- Removes freckles, age spots on the face
Daily skin care, pigmentation, pigmentation, telangiectasia
Precautions before photorejuvenation
- Avoid sun exposure or apply sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher within 3-4 weeks before treatment;
- Do not apply irritating skin care products or ointments within 2-3 days before treatment;
- Do not undergo medical cosmetic procedures such as laser, acid peels etc. within a week before treatment;
- For people who orally or topically use tretinoin drugs or topically use anti-freckle products, it is recommended to arrange treatment after stopping these for 3 months;
- Photosensitive dermatitis, local or systemic infectious diseases, immunodeficiency diseases, blood coagulation disorders, scar constitution, pregnant women, and those who take aspirin or hormone drugs for a long time should not receive treatment. In case of the above situation, inform in advance.
What to expect during and after the treatment?
Your skin care specialist first cleans the area that’s being treated. Then they rub a cool gel onto your skin. Then, they apply light pulses from the IPL device to your skin. You’ll need to wear dark glasses to protect your eyes.
During treatment there will be a bright flash of light from the device that feels like a light elastic sensation. Redness and a
slight warming of the skin are normal after treatment and usually subsides within an hour.
Over the next 24-48 hours you may see a darkening of pigmented spots; in the week afterwards the pigmented lesions flake off, leading to an evening out of skin tone.
After treating vascular lesions you may see the vein blanch and disappear or a color change in the vessel which dissipates after a few days.
Lumecca is a breakthrough intense pulsed light (IPL) that delivers up to 3X more energy in the 500-600 nm range to improve efficacy for vascular and pigmented lesions. It is optimized for clinicians to treat a variety of lesions with fewer sessions.
- High efficiency of treatment due to high peak power and optimized output.
- Complete photo rejuvenation in 1 or 2 treatments for most patients versus 4-6 treatments with standard IPL’s.
- Reduces treatment time thanks to large spot size and high pulse repetition rate.
- Strong sapphire cooling tip results in higher treatment comfort.
Which areas can be treated?
Our IPL is most often used on the face as a photofacial. However, it works just as well on parts of the body including neck, legs, hands, arms, chest and back.
When will I see the results?
Improvements are seen after one treatment after a couple days. And complexion will continue to improve up to two weeks after first treatment.
What is the difference between IPL and laser treatment?
IPL is similar to a laser treatment. However, a laser focuses just one wavelength of light at your skin, while IPL releases light of many different wavelengths, targeting various skin concerns.
The light from IPL is more scattered and less focused than a laser. IPL penetrates down to the dermis layer of your skin without harming the epidermis, so it causes less damage to your skin.
How many sessions are required?
To get the results you want, you may need to have three to six treatments. Those treatments should be spaced about one month apart to let your skin heal in between.